By Lee Banville
This encyclopedia presents a real-world advisor to American political journalism and information insurance within the twenty first century, from the main influential media agencies and pundits to the controversies and practices shaping modern day political journalism.
• deals neutral and target insurance of the biggest and such a lot influential members and agencies in American political media
• Explores the ways that public officers and political activists try and spin information coverage
• stocks in-depth surveys of hot-button concerns about the perform of either journalism and politics within the glossy era
• comprises hard-hitting fundamental files from recognized political and media figures that supply views on what occurs while the worlds of reports and politics collide
• Pulls from journalistic and scholarly paintings in addition to firsthand money owed from biographies and legit statements to light up the intersection of media and politics for readers
By Robert E. Buswell Jr.,Jr. Lopez Donald S.
With greater than 5,000 entries totaling over 1000000 phrases, this is often the main entire and authoritative dictionary of Buddhism ever produced in English. it's also the 1st to hide phrases from the entire canonical Buddhist languages and traditions: Sanskrit, Pali, Tibetan, chinese language, eastern, and Korean. not like reference works that target a unmarried Buddhist language or institution, The Princeton Dictionary of Buddhism bridges the main Buddhist traditions to supply encyclopedic assurance of crucial phrases, suggestions, texts, authors, deities, colleges, monasteries, and geographical websites from around the background of Buddhism. the most entries supply either a short definition and a considerable brief essay at the broader which means and value of the time period lined. wide cross-references enable readers to discover comparable phrases and ideas. An appendix of Buddhist lists (for instance, the 4 noble truths and the thirty-two marks of the Buddha), a timeline, six maps, and diagrams also are included.
Written and edited through of modern day most outstanding students of Buddhism, and greater than a decade within the making, this landmark paintings is an important reference for each scholar, pupil, or practitioner of Buddhism and for an individual else drawn to Asian faith, historical past, or philosophy.
- The such a lot finished dictionary of Buddhism ever produced in English
- More than 5,000 entries totaling over 1000000 words
- The first dictionary to hide phrases from all the canonical Buddhist languages and traditions--Sanskrit, Pali, Tibetan, chinese language, eastern, and Korean
- Detailed entries at the most crucial phrases, suggestions, texts, authors, deities, colleges, monasteries, and geographical websites within the historical past of Buddhism
- Cross-references and appendixes that let readers to discover comparable phrases and lookup an identical phrases in a number of Buddhist languages
- Includes a listing of Buddhist lists, a timeline, and maps
- Also includes chosen phrases and names in Thai, Burmese, Vietnamese, Lao, Khmer, Sinhalese, Newar, and Mongolian
By James Ciment,Immanuel Ness
By Martin Griffiths
The examine of diplomacy has replaced swiftly in recent times. first of all because of significant political and financial change – the tip of the chilly battle and the autumn of communism, the resurgence of nationalism, terrorism and types of fundamentalism, globalization – and secondly, associated with those advancements, as a result of the power of the self-discipline, with ongoing debates at the primary paradigms for the knowledge of diplomacy and the emergence of the views of feminism, postmodernism, constructivism and important theory.
The Routledge Encyclopedia of diplomacy and international Politics offers a distinct reference resource for college students and teachers overlaying all elements of worldwide diplomacy and the modern self-discipline throughout IR's significant topic divisions of international relations, army affairs, overseas political financial system, and conception. Written through a wonderful crew of overseas students, the Encyclopedia is mostly produced from big entries of greater than 1,000 phrases, with fifty significant entries of 5,000 phrases on middle modern issues. each one access is absolutely cross-referenced and by way of a list of complementary entries and a brief bibliography for extra examining. the entire is comprehensively indexed.
There is not any different source of its style and the Encyclopedia of diplomacy and international Politics could be a very precious addition to all libraries helping instructing and learn within the social sciences.
By John R. Vile
First released to common acclaim, together with a "Best Reference publication" quotation from Library Journal, John Vile's award-winning Encyclopedia of Constitutional Amendments, Proposed Amendments, and Amending Issues has lengthy served because the definitive paintings in this titanic and crucial topic. extended and up to date, the hot Third Edition of this landmark source takes its position because the so much finished and updated reference of its kind.
With over 500 alphabetically geared up entries, the Encyclopedia tells the complete tale of constitutional amendments: the rigorous ratification procedure, the importance of the 27 amendments that made it into the structure, and the remarkable and occasionally preposterous subject matters of the hundreds of thousands that didn't. The 3rd version bargains a brand new preface, up to date study all through, and over seventy five new entries, together with discussions of amendments at present into consideration, resembling proposals to prohibit burning the U.S. flag, legalize university prayer, and compel the government to stability the budget.
By Bruce Oliver Newsome
Organized into sixteen short chapters, the ebook exhibits readers the way to: learn safety and possibility; determine the assets of probability (including risks, threats, and contributors); research publicity and vulnerability; check uncertainty and chance; boost an organization’s tradition, constitution, and techniques congruent with higher safety and hazard administration; decide on varied ideas for coping with dangers; converse and evaluation; and deal with safeguard within the key domain names of operations, logistics, actual websites, info, communications, our on-line world, delivery, and private levels.
By Luise Rinser
Nachdem Luise Rinser zu Studienzwecken längere Zeit unter Leprakranken verbrachte, hat sie 1974 erstmals diese Dokumentation herausgegeben, um die Geißel der Menschheit zu analysieren und zur öffentlichen Diskussion zu bringen.
„Dem Tode geweiht?“ sprengt den Rahmen eines experiences. Es ist Bericht und Erzählung einzelner Schicksale, Anklage und Wegweiser. Es wird über medizinische Informationen, Ansteckung, Erscheinungsformen und über Heilungsmöglichkeiten gesprochen.
(Dieser textual content bezieht sich auf eine frühere Ausgabe.)
By Mehrdad Kia
This well-balanced reference on old Persia demonstrates the region's contributions to the expansion and improvement of human civilization from the seventh century BCE throughout the fall of the Persian Sasanian Empire in 651CE.
• offers assurance of significant occasions in old Persian historical past from the formation of the Median empire within the seventh century BCE to sixty five CE
• contains images of varied ancient and archeological websites relationship again to varied sessions of historical Persian history
By Ellen Frankel,Betsy Patkin Teutsch
This ebook represents simply this type of collaboration among paintings and language. Ellen Frankel and Betsy Platkin Teutsch, author and artist, have introduced their vast wisdom and abilities jointly to create The Encyclopedia of Jewish Symbols, the 1st reference advisor of its style, designed to be used through educators, artists, rabbis, folklorists, feminists, Jewish and non-Jewish students, and lay readers.
By Nancy Capace