By Leam A. Craig,William R. Lindsay,Kevin D. Browne
- New for the Wiley sequence in Forensic medical Psychology: a useful guide that covers the evaluate, remedy and administration of sexual offenders with highbrow disabilities
- Summarises the examine literature at the features and incidence of sexual offenders with highbrow disabilities
- Discusses chance overview and options in remedy and management
- Includes members world-renowned within the box of evaluate and remedy of sexual offenders with highbrow disabilities corresponding to Tony Ward, Glynis Murphy, and Douglas Boer
Read or Download Assessment and Treatment of Sexual Offenders with Intellectual Disabilities: A Handbook PDF
Best forensic psychology books
There are this present day not more compelling units of crime and defense threats dealing with countries, groups, agencies, teams, households and participants than these encompassed through cybercrime. For over fifty years crime enabled by means of computing and telecommunications applied sciences have more and more threatened societies as they've got develop into reliant on info platforms for maintaining modernized residing.
During this compilation of specialist articles across the world well-known murder investigators, so much of them pioneers in constructing the technological know-how and the paintings of profiling, proportion their insights won from years of expertise monitoring the perpetrators of a few of the main infamous crimes. one of the matters mentioned are: dealing with hostage situations, child abduction and homicide within the David Meirhofer case, interviewing Jeffrey Dahmer, autoerotic murder, the demanding situations of constructing mental profiles, the use of forensic linguistics to trace the Unabomber, assaultative eye harm ("enucleation"), and geographic profiling.
A guy kidnaps his childrens, murders one, and makes an attempt to kill the opposite. The prosecution seeks the loss of life penalty, whereas the safety employs an strange technique to steer clear of the sentence. The defendant’s legal professionals flip to greater than a hundred examples of his paintings, created over a long time, to figure out even if he used to be mentally in poor health on the time he dedicated the crimes.
Convicted sexually violent predators are extra vilified, extra topic to media misrepresentation, and likely to be denied easy human rights than the other inhabitants. Shaming the structure authors Michael Perlin and Heather Cucolo query the intentions of intercourse criminal legislation, providing new methods to this most complicated (and debatable) region of legislations and social coverage.
- Clueless in New England: the unsolved disappearances of Paula Welden, Connie Smith and Katherine Hull
- Protecting the Public?: Executive Discretion and the Release of Mentally Disordered Offenders
- Contemporary Security Management
- Psychology in Prisons (Forensic Practice series)
Extra resources for Assessment and Treatment of Sexual Offenders with Intellectual Disabilities: A Handbook
Assessment and Treatment of Sexual Offenders with Intellectual Disabilities: A Handbook by Leam A. Craig,William R. Lindsay,Kevin D. Browne